Apéritif à la française, a warm and friendly celebration where people who appreciate French art de vivre and those curious to learn more about it come together to discover a wide range of French food and beverages, will once again be held in Dubai next month.
Under the patronage of His Excellency Mr. Michel Miraillet, the French Ambassador to the UAE, Apéritif à la française is organized by SOPEXA, the International Food & Lifestyle Marketing Agency and is supported by the French Ministry of Agriculture to promote the French gastronomy and Art de vivre in the UAE.
“We are delighted to host Apéritif à la française for the 10th consecutive year in Dubai. It is a wonderful opportunity to bring together the public and private sectors, brands and trade organizations to showcase the best of France's food and beverage industry”, states Edwina Salvatori, Marketing Manager, SOPEXA Middle East.
“France is one of the major players in supplying high quality food and beverage products to the UAE; a country where France has increased its overall food exports by 18% in 2013 vs 2012. The strong GDP growth and the increasing per capita income are expected to drive food consumption further in the UAE as well as the wider GCC food market by 6% per annum. We confidently expect French brands to carry on their development by expanding their market shares and benefiting from the very positive growth trend in the years to come”, adds Yassine Rami, Managing Director, SOPEXA Middle East.
Being one of the most popular traditions in France, the Apéritif is first and foremost a privileged time synonymous with sharing and pleasure. 50%1 of the French host an Apéritif every week whether it is over a fancy or a simple gathering of close friends while 79% of the French say that what they love the most about participating in Apéritifs is meeting new people and being in a convivial atmosphere. This friendly habit pleased all food lovers, who enjoy tasting local products and new gastronomic experience.
“The concept of Apéritif is an attitude and an art of living; bringing people together and allowing them to connect and network around typical French food and beverages,” explains Edwina Salvatori.
Traditionally organized as an evening of networking, product sampling and tasting, Apéritif a la Française in Dubai is connecting partner brands with on-trade professionals, importers and retailers brought together for the event in Dubai with the objective of boosting their brand exposure among key market players and taking full advantage of commercial opportunities in the United Arab Emirates.
Since the French are very engaged with the aesthetics of their food, expect an artistic and large mouth-watering display of dairy products, breads, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, seafood, meat, fine groceries, syrups as well as a wide selection of beverages including tea, bottled water, syrups, lemonades and more in very authentic French atmosphere.
- Have a taste of the delicious THÉ DE MARIE-ANTOINETTE by Nina’s Paris, the original Marie Antoinette Tea made of fresh hand-picked apples and roses from the King’s Kitchen Garden of Versailles, remaining one of the most unique flavored teas in the world.
- Spice up your dish with MAILLE selection of aromatic mustards, ideal accompaniment to any meal.
- BADOIT, the naturally sparking water which can be the perfect complement for your dining experience
- Discover EVIAN new bottle leaning on transparency to celebrate its contents: evian Natural Mineral Water, a distinctly pure water, as nature intended.
- Tickle your palate with delicious PAYSAN BRETON CREPES, passed down from generation to generation; culinary heritage that combines simplicity and the authentic taste of Brittany. Just delicious with a tint of crème Chantilly.
- REGILAIT, one of the only few fat free milk available in the market that will help you eliminate those unwanted calories.
- Enjoy VALRHONA’s new chocolate, Bahibe Lactée, Cocoa intensity and Milky. On the edge of dark chocolate, in the heart of milk chocolate…
- Have a sip of refreshment with PERRIER. Elegant, Sparkling and Refreshing, with just a hint of zaniness.
Aperitif a la Française is a world experience which will be held in Copenhagen, Hong-Kong, Milan, Montreal, New-York, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, Düsseldorf, Paris and Dubai. Aperitif à la Française is scheduled for the 9th of June 2014 and will be held at the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort. The event is set to attract hospitality professionals, Chefs, F&B managers, sommeliers, restaurant chains, catering companies, airline catering and food lovers from all across the region.
Aperitif à la Française Dubai will also be introducing its first consumer edition with a spectacular event in autumn 2014 offering the UAE population the best French brands have to offer. Further information about the event will be revealed over the next few weeks.
For further information, please visit http://www.aperitif2014dubai.sopexame.com
Damien Philippot, IFOP Study, June 2013, “Les Français et l’Apéritif”
Leave a Reply.
Moustafa Mahdi, Strategic PR & Communications Consultant